Need some help...

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by chefkathyroy, Mar 23, 2010.

1. chefkathyroy

chefkathyroy

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    I'm getting married this July and I'm looking for a Professional Fruit Carver.  Where can I start my search for one?  I was hoping to find someone creative or that can do Thai style designs.  Can anyone help me?

Thank you for taking your time to read my question /img/vbsmilies/smilies/peace.gif!!!!

Chef Kathy

2. chefray

chefray

Exp:
    Professional Chef
     Put an ad up on craigslist, to start.  Get a big bag of apples(cheap and fibrous enough to really carve up) and have them audition.

chefkathyroy likes this.
  3. caterchef

caterchef Banned

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    If you are looking for carvings like they have on cruise ships and Las Vegas check with your local Japanese restaurant, over there it is an "art form" The most you can get from most "Garde manger" here is a melon basket or a swan. I have trouble getting an ice carver that dosen't need a pattern, a chain saw, an angle grinder and a die grinder because that how they teach them here. The best carving tools are also Japanese.

4. tigerwoman

tigerwoman

a really talented and incredible artist who has competed nationally and is actually in your neck of the woods is 
    ched ray duey.  contact him via info here http://www.wearechefs.com/profile/RayLDueyCEC  or keep googling his name to find current contacts.  He is very talented and a sweetheart to boot.  

chefkathyroy likes this.