Chef Forum banner

Need new shoes

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  recky 
#1 ·
Yes. Another shoe thread. I can't seem to locate a few old threads I know are out there, so here's a new one. My old stand-by Mozo Forzas have gone cheapo-China for $110 and the soles are sure to come off in week 10. Like most reading , my feet suck, are prone to corns, and I live on them almost 24/7. I can't deal with a true clog. I need an enclosed heel. Suggestions?

#3 ·
also Gel inserts. Make sure you have a large enough shoe, especially if you add gel inserts. Don't cramp your feet. . Your feet increase a bit in size as you age. I was surprised to learn this. Anyway, gel inserts with arch support really helped me. I shop at Payless for non slip shoes or use shoes for crews. I also only get about six months to a year out of them. I walk a lot in my job. You should probably also see a podiatrist.

#5 ·
also Gel inserts. Make sure you have a large enough shoe, especially if you add gel inserts. Don't cramp your feet. . Your feet increase a bit in size as you age. I was surprised to learn this. Anyway, gel inserts with arch support really helped me. I shop at Payless for non slip shoes or use shoes for crews. I also only get about six months to a year out of them. I walk a lot in my job. You should probably also see a podiatrist.
I now have an awesome podiatrist after many years of dealing with many less desirable ones. It's mainly corn removal every 6 mos. or so.
Love the Mozos because of the provided cushion insoles, but have gone down hill with bottom soles failing far too quickly.

#4 ·
I bit the bullet about 7 years ago and bought two pairs of high quality local made shoes. I mean, leather insoles, leather built up heel, steel shank, and Goodyear welt. Cost was at that time around $400 can per pair.

Since that time I’ve spent maybe $200 on re heeling and one re-sole.

It is imperative that the shoes rest at least one day before wearing again—if you don’t do that, the shoes won’t last six mths.

Upfront cost is high, yes. Comfort is excellent, shoes provide necessary support for my 3/4 length orthotic inserts, and most importantly I’m not buying $60 “cheapie” shoes every 4 mths.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.