Need inspiration: What do I serve with roasted vegetables?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by french fries, Oct 11, 2012.

1. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Tonight I'll be roasting potatoes, brussel sprouts and shallots. I'm wondering if I could make something else to serve them with. I don't really feel like meat... maybe a simple arugula salad? Anyone has ideas to share? 

2. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    FF, what else do you have in your larder?

Yesterday I made a salad out of some roasted veggies that I had leftover and served it cold with warm lentil soup (also leftover that I found in the deep freeze) and fresh bread.

3. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    I do have lentils! That could be an idea. I have black beans, flageolet beans, rice, pasta (but don't really feel like rice or pasta either), couscous, all sorts of preserves... but anyway I need to go to the store for the veggies, so I could really get anything!

4. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    easy-peasy lental stew with the veg?  a nice loaf of fresh bread or any other baked good?  what evers hot and fresh... yum.. I'm making myself hungry ... I have dinner made already, minestrone soup and pasta salad to night, my DH is working and it's ugly out... nothing sooths the soul like a nice warm bowl of something ...

5. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Ended up only making the roasted veggies... I couldn't even be bothered making a salad! But the roasted veggies were wonderful, especially the potatoes and the shallots which were perfectly caramelized. The brussel sprouts were good too, but ... let's just say... a bit "too caramelized" (wink wink...;))

6. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    One of my favorite things to serve with roasted veggies is eggs.  Scrambled, fried, fritatta, all eggs are welcome!

7. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Oooooooo ... Frittata , now that sound wonderful