Need help

Joined Oct 31, 2012
Why not do it buffet style? Lay out the ingredients and let them make what they want. Of course, for buffalo chicken I'd expect the Franks' Red Hot/butter flavoring and some bleu cheese dressing. Do a Jamaican jerk chicken and some simple seasoned chicken for variety. Maybe some bbq shredded pork. Otherwise, lettuce, chopped tomato, sliced red onion, etc.
Potato, macaroni, pasta salads for sides. Chips and soda.

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
If boneless, lettuce wraps makes a lot of sense to me. But I like lots of Vietnamese food that is normally wrapped in lettuce leaves so the idea is natural to me.

Joined Aug 15, 2003
I love this website, lol. "I want to make buffalo chicken wraps, should I add lettuce?"

"use rotisserie chicken and celery and blue cheese and cream cheese and make something totally different"

"why aren't you doing a buffet?"

"use just lettuce for wrapping"

"croutons and tomato!"

cracks me up.

I personally would use shredded lettuce. It will add filler to help the wrap roll up nicely, and the crunchy textures always go good in a sandwich.

I wound't over think it on the sides...cole slaw, potato salad, macaroni salad...can't go wrong.

Joined Oct 31, 2012
Well, the OP did ask for ideas for a recipe and sides. Lettuce seems a given but perhaps not.

Joined Jan 4, 2011
someday ... I was thinking EXACTLY what you said ... My reply-post was going to simply be "ANSWER THE GUY'S QUESTION.". I did however ... before posting that ... go back and re-read the original post. ... He DOES ask for "Any suggestions for a good recipe and sides.".

Joined Aug 15, 2003
It read to me like he was asking for recipes and sides as it pertains to buffalo chicken wraps...but anyways, my post was meant lightheartedly and not as an attack on anyone.

Seems to happen a lot around here...I'm sure I've done it dozens of times myself.

Top Bottom