Need help

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by mikebigball, Jan 11, 2018.

1. mikebigball

mikebigball

Exp:
    noidea
    Lettuce or no Lettuce? Thinking of making buffalo chicken wraps for the boys at the fire hall. Any suggestions for a good recipe and sides??

2. Chef_Aaron_B

Chef_Aaron_B

Exp:
    Executive Chef
    I'd do a shredded lettuce with like a nice rotisserie chicken salad- Chicken, cream cheese, celery, blue cheese, red onion.

3. chefwriter

chefwriter

Exp:
    Professional Cook
    Why not do it buffet style? Lay out the ingredients and let them make what they want. Of course, for buffalo chicken I'd expect the Franks' Red Hot/butter flavoring and some bleu cheese dressing. Do a Jamaican jerk chicken and some simple seasoned chicken for variety. Maybe some bbq shredded pork. Otherwise, lettuce, chopped tomato, sliced red onion, etc.
    Potato, macaroni, pasta salads for sides. Chips and soda.

4. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    If boneless, lettuce wraps makes a lot of sense to me. But I like lots of Vietnamese food that is normally wrapped in lettuce leaves so the idea is natural to me.

5. toddhicks209

toddhicks209

Exp:
    amateur, food blogger
    Tomato, chopped egg and croutons help make a good salad.

6. someday

someday

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I love this website, lol. "I want to make buffalo chicken wraps, should I add lettuce?"

"use rotisserie chicken and celery and blue cheese and cream cheese and make something totally different"

"why aren't you doing a buffet?"

"use just lettuce for wrapping"

"croutons and tomato!"

cracks me up.

I personally would use shredded lettuce. It will add filler to help the wrap roll up nicely, and the crunchy textures always go good in a sandwich.

I wound't over think it on the sides...cole slaw, potato salad, macaroni salad...can't go wrong.

drirene likes this.
  7. chefwriter

chefwriter

Exp:
    Professional Cook
    Well, the OP did ask for ideas for a recipe and sides. Lettuce seems a given but perhaps not.

8. iceman

iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    someday ... I was thinking EXACTLY what you said ... My reply-post was going to simply be "ANSWER THE GUY'S QUESTION.". I did however ... before posting that ... go back and re-read the original post. ... He DOES ask for "Any suggestions for a good recipe and sides.".

9. someday

someday

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    It read to me like he was asking for recipes and sides as it pertains to buffalo chicken wraps...but anyways, my post was meant lightheartedly and not as an attack on anyone.

Seems to happen a lot around here...I'm sure I've done it dozens of times myself.

drirene and iceman like this.