Need help with a ceiling mount pan rack.

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by hambone, Jan 5, 2010.

1. hambone

hambone

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I've run out of cabinet space and need a ceiling mount pan rack. Ceiling height is only 8 ft and it will be suspended over an island. I'll be hanging 15-20 all-clad and calphalon pots, pans, frying pans etc. I'd like some accomodation for covers as well. Nothing longer than 36" , width isn't quite as important.

Any suggestions for durable, well made racks with lots of hooks and not too much height will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hambone

2. katbalou

katbalou

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    i like my calphalon rack, it's the grey one. it's suspended from chain and we made sure to grab into the studs for security. i ended up ordering extra hooks for it, i have about 14 pans on it + utensils. i paid around $100 for it a few years back at a kitchen and bath store. i would think they still make them.
    kathee
    p. s. there's a thread on here somewhere that goes into more detail.

3. mikelm

mikelm

Exp:
    Home Chef
    I found a rack with great hardware - and extra hooks - in several finishes at The Container Store.

If you don't have a stud finder, get one. Make sure your eyebolts are screwed into ceiling joists, or you could be in for a big, noisy suprise. And maybe a big headache. :rolleyes:

I would abslouetly not trust toggle bolts thru your ceiling drywall! All them pots and pans together get pretty heavy.

Mike