Need help replacing an irregular sized oven

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by prettyhealthyfoods, Feb 2, 2018.

1. prettyhealthyfoods

prettyhealthyfoods

Exp:
    chef
    Hello,

I have a cutout in my kitchen that fits this: https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/HBL5035AUC.html

Width: 29"
    Height 23"
    depth 24.5"

It's short but wide oven, and I can't seem to find anything that will work. I work as a personal chef and use my kitchen (and oven) every day for recipe testing and special event prep! If you have any ideas, I'd much appreciate your advice.

The other option, I suppose, would be to open up the cutout to fit a larger oven. I have no experience with this sort of thing or who I would contact to do this (new homeowner here).

THANKS
    Kelsey

2. John Jennings

John Jennings

Exp:
    Hotel Food and Beverage Director/General Manager
    Not sure where you are located, here in Australia, there would be a number of models that would suit you situation, with some minor adjustments. You should also consider one of the combination steam ovens. The domestic range available now, in the higher cost range, are just superb, I have 2 in my home kitchen, mine are standard, domestic ovens bot are AEG a German product. I have had these for over 18 months. They have inspired me to do a lot of baking.

3. halb

halb

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    This is the problem with built-in appliances. You never can usually find a replacement that fits. If you are set on Bosch, there is the HBL8451UC that replaces the unit you had. Your cutout would have to be modified slightly to accommodate. You can arrange that to be done by the people you purchase it from who will install it for you.

I really wish posters of questions about equipment like this would state where they are. Most of us are in the US and are familiar with US equipment. We can go on and on trying to give information only to find, after the tenth post, that the poster lives in some foreign country and we have no idea what you need.