Need help finding Callebaut 811 substitution

Joined Jul 27, 2020
Hi all professional Chefs out there,
My name is Celeste and this is my first post.

Really need a hand here. So... I am a home bakers that sell few kinds of sweets and usually use Callebaute 811 as the star. But recently in my country, Callebaut 811 kinda rare and thinking to substitute with other couverture brands that taste just similar with that.

I’ve tried Cacao Barry Force Noire and DLA Naturals El Pao 50% (from Phillipine) but the taste still not as rich as Callebaut 811.

Cacao Barry Force Noire more likely taste chocolatey with bitter after taste and El Pao more likely taste nutty and you can fell the greasiness on top of your pallete (because not using much cacao butter, maybe). I really love Callebaut 811 because of it’s vanilla hint taste but sadly it really rare here. Cacao Barry just fine, but the price is more expensive than Callebaut.

Any recommendations? Maybe doing some chocolate blend perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

Joined Dec 29, 2019
Hi all professional Chefs out there,
My name is Celeste and this is my first post.

Really need a hand here. So... I am a home bakers that sell few kinds of sweets and usually use Callebaute 811 as the star. But recently in my country, Callebaut 811 kinda rare and thinking to substitute with other couverture brands that taste just similar with that.

I’ve tried Cacao Barry Force Noire and DLA Naturals El Pao 50% (from Phillipine) but the taste still not as rich as Callebaut 811.

Cacao Barry Force Noire more likely taste chocolatey with bitter after taste and El Pao more likely taste nutty and you can fell the greasiness on top of your pallete (because not using much cacao butter, maybe). I really love Callebaut 811 because of it’s vanilla hint taste but sadly it really rare here. Cacao Barry just fine, but the price is more expensive than Callebaut.

Any recommendations? Maybe doing some chocolate blend perhaps?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, just blend your own, Get some pure unsweetened chocolate and cocoa butter, try adding it to whatever you have that is lacking richness.

Top Bottom