Need a new can opener!

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by nancya, Jul 16, 2001.

1. nancya

nancya

I have a Krups can opener which is apparently destined for the trash heap. So, what kind of can openers do ya'll have at home? I particularly like the kind that dooesn't pierce the can, but would be interested in what cheftalkers have to say!

[​IMG]

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: nancya ]

2. nancya

nancya

I'm intentionally bumping this up, since I changed the question. Looking for opinions I trust [that's you guys]!

3. kimmie

kimmie

I have a brand new Zyliss. Let me get back to you for a report on its performance...

:eek:

4. alp12345

alp12345

Exp:
    Home Cook
  5. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Can opener??? I thought that was what the heel of a borrowed German chef knife was for.  Ha ha ha.

I like the roller kind that doesn't scrape the can when it cuts also.  I have been using one that I bought in the grocery store for the past decade or so.  Have no idea who made it.  They are inexpensive and easily replaced.

6. mike9

mike9

Exp:
    Former Chef
    OXO Good Grips locking can opener @ $15 and an excellent tool as are most of their products.  My only beef with OXO handles is they don't fare well in the dishwasher so I clean them by hand.  I do this with tongs, spatulas, wooden spoons, etc. so they last longer and work better. 

http://www.oxo.com/p-404-snap-lock-can-opener.aspx

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014