Need a new can opener!

Joined Apr 30, 2001
I have a Krups can opener which is apparently destined for the trash heap. So, what kind of can openers do ya'll have at home? I particularly like the kind that dooesn't pierce the can, but would be interested in what cheftalkers have to say!

smash.gif

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: nancya ]

Joined Apr 30, 2001
I'm intentionally bumping this up, since I changed the question. Looking for opinions I trust [that's you guys]!

Joined Mar 13, 2001
I have a brand new Zyliss. Let me get back to you for a report on its performance...

:eek:

Joined Dec 18, 2010
Can opener??? I thought that was what the heel of a borrowed German chef knife was for.  Ha ha ha.

I like the roller kind that doesn't scrape the can when it cuts also.  I have been using one that I bought in the grocery store for the past decade or so.  Have no idea who made it.  They are inexpensive and easily replaced.

Joined Jul 13, 2012
OXO Good Grips locking can opener @ $15 and an excellent tool as are most of their products.  My only beef with OXO handles is they don't fare well in the dishwasher so I clean them by hand.  I do this with tongs, spatulas, wooden spoons, etc. so they last longer and work better. 

http://www.oxo.com/p-404-snap-lock-can-opener.aspx

Last edited:
Top Bottom