Nature's different colored eggs

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by shroomgirl, Mar 2, 2011.

1. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Joey, they love meat and eggs. I always gave them the real dirty eggs, and gave them the carcas from a roasted chicken every once in a while.......Here's a couple pics.....  Here's my rooster staring sure death in the face!..He had no fear, the dog even got him a couple of times, thought I was going to loose him, but he pulled through both times.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    nothing scarier than to be small & young and a rooster after you........well maybe a swan.....man they are big.

3. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Thats why I love Easter Time , Grandkids make any color eggs I want !!!!!

4. durangojo

durangojo

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    chefbuba,

those are some absolutely beautiful healthy looking chickens. nice of the turkeys to pose too...all ready for the grill? i'm sure chickens eat meat and eggs given the choice...the owners just don't want theirs eating it for whatever reason...nice looking farm....

joey

5. vohrtex

vohrtex

Exp:
    Other
    Aruncana eggs are beautiful. They're available at the farmers' market (NYC), but you have to ask for them. I've never seen the black or grey duck eggs though. Is it always a "novelty" factor or are there things a duck egg is significantly better for? And is the taste really that different? I've had ostrich and wasn't seeing the different taste.

6. breadmaker man

breadmaker man

Exp:
    Home Cook
    They looks so good I think I'd actually feel bad cooking them. The dark, marble coloured ones look like they belong on a mantle place. Lovely!

7. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    I'm poking holes in the duck eggs and blowing them out.