Nature valley protein bar

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by kevin20422, Jan 26, 2014.

1. kevin20422

kevin20422

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    These are not very healthy are they? Any good choices for a healthy protein bar with chocolate flavor?

2. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
  3. kevin20422

kevin20422

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Thanks for the tip.  Went ahead and ordered 8 packs just 2.59 apiece and 5.95 shipping.  They sound better than the others.

4. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I'm diabetic and eat these for breakfast several days a week, good dose of protein & low carb.

I like the cinnamon raisin & the peanut butter bars.

5. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Holy cow, I'm chomping on the peanut butter/dark chocolate one right now as I read the thread.  What a coincidence.  

I really do feel bad eating these, they have every kind of sugar in them imaginable.  I keep them around because I sometimes literally do not have time to make breakfast as I'm running out the door on days I'm working and grab one for emergencies.  It's 190cal and keeps me full till lunch.  It's a bad habit really.

6. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I like them because they use brown rice syrup. I try to minimize my consumption of white sugar and corn syrup.

The Good To Go dark chocolate bars are only 120 calories (some of their other products are a little higher) with 6 grams of sugar, but the best part is it takes care of my chocolate/sweet fix because I eat them after dinner as my dessert.

7. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    According to the label it contains many kinds of sugar including table sugar

8. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    They miss the mark for me on that and a few different areas, so consequently I have never tried them.