Naming Question

Joined Apr 5, 2007
Quick set up:

I own and run a small, mid market causual-fine dining restaurant.  We are an adjunct to a popular and somewhat ecentric art gallery.  My food program is tied to the gallery and tries to to have a "populist" vibe, fairly sophisticated food that is approachable and not too precious about itself.

When it comes to desserts I am very much in the "cook's" dessert mode; icecreams, tarts, chocolate work etc.  We flip the desser options frequently.

I have a new item that's going on the menu, a cookie sandwhich sort of affair.  Its a duo of dark chocolate cookie and a peanut butter cookie.  The filling is my issue, its a roasted peanut mokka sort of centre, texture similar to speculoos or a smooth fudge.  The flavour recalls a Coffee Crisp bar.  

I am stumped for what to name the thing.  I usually go descriptive but this might get wordy.   I also feel I need to avoid too many industry terms (fondant, cremeaux, etc).  

Any advise or suggestions?

Thanks,

Al

Joined Sep 18, 2010
What is the name of your restaurant ?  Add treat to it and you have one name. What is the name of the gallery ? do the same now and you have another unique

name.

Or have a naming contest among your guests.

Good luck and let us know the name of the child so we all can come to the Christening /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smiles.gif

Joined Apr 5, 2007
That is very sensible...my internal pun generator has been ACTIVATED!

The resto is called Picnic, the gallery is The Dart, btw.

Joined Apr 5, 2007
FYI, I have decided to call this item "The Corsair."  Because when assembled they have a Pirate Cookie kind of vibe.  And french = fancy, ha ha!

Top Bottom