My Very First Gingerbread House

Joined Sep 22, 2002
I just finished making the very first gingerbread house in my entire life yesterday. Prior to this, I have been making gingerbread men, but I have become attracted to the idea of trying to make a house as well. That's why I asked for a recipe a while back (and many thanks to the person who posted the recipe!) I am going to buy some film for my camera tomorrow so that I can take some pictures of the house and put them up for all to see. I actually made the house for one of my friends and we are going to eat it, but we agreed not to do so until the pictures have been taken.:D I can't wait to see how the pictures develop!

Joined Mar 6, 2001
Good for you! It's a fun thing to do...better yet when shared with a friend.

I'll be looking for your photos.

Joined Sep 22, 2002
I just bought my camera yesterday and took some really good pictures. I'm hoping that the film will be ready for developing in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Some of the pictures are close-ups, so that you can view details, and others are views at a good point of the different sides of the house. Since I am considering culinary school, I took the pictures to show to my teachers as well as all at ChefTalk. :D

I decorated the roof of the house with cream cheese frosting, shredded coconut, gum drops, and pecan bits; the walls of the house with the same frosting; the door frame and window frames with bits of different colored candy (including chocolate chip bits for the windows); and the ground with shredded coconut (to look like snow) and chocolate chips. I thought you'd like to know these details before you see the pictures; I'm confident they'll turn out lovely!:cool: :D

Joined Sep 22, 2002
I can try, but I can't guarantee when the pictures will be up. Can we post pictures directly in a post here at Chef Talk or do we have to post them on a photo site? I have never posted pictures in a public forum before, so I'm not sure what to do. Any advice is very much appreciated!:D

Joined Jan 27, 2001
Don't eat it! The wonderful aroma of the gingerbread will fill the room throughout the Christmas season, it seems to get better with time! If I had the time, I would make one to put in every room of the house for the holidays.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Joined Sep 22, 2002
Thank you for that website. I have good news-the pictures are now developed. Now all I have to do is put them on a floppy disk and they will be ready for all to see! They're very lovely too, believe me!:D

Top Bottom