Chef Forum banner

my pizza dough looks beige even after baking?

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  JessicaMarshall 
#1 ·
ive been serving lots of pizza here in our place though my customers loved it and say its delicious but my dough colour always looks beige colour it's all cooked but can anyone tell me how do i make it brown..i preheated the oven to 200c for a couple of minutes and bake my pizza for 15 minutes

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, welcome to the forums. What kind of oven are you using? I'm familiar with pizza ovens and setting pizzas directly on a hot oven floor. If that isn't the case, the top is heating faster because it's in direct contact with hot air. It looks like the pizza is baked in the pan, can you preheat the pan and slide the pizza into it? Or using a bread stone to place the pan onto. That way the pizza will cook from both sides.

Also, I'd use a higher temperature. 225c or higher. At home I've used an upside down cast iron skillet.

#6 ·
What kind of oven? Pre-heating only "a couple of minutes " may be an issue.
it's a microwave oven convenction mode..i pre heat the oven at 180c for a minutes and when its hot enough the oven just beep and then stops the heating that's when i put the pizza..btw i use a non stick pizza tray for baking the pizza and it's not inside the pre heated oven

#12 ·
I think it might be because of the oven, but I don't see it as a big issue if it's still beige afterward if it's completely done and the dough has a good taste. I started off just at the beginning of last year, and have been doing only take-away services, thanks to well-known international reasons, but it actually allowed me to only need a portable electric oven, which does its job so so well. I got it after looking at a top on "pizzaovenradar Pizza Oven Radar" and I actually spent a couple of weeks looking at what the best option would be. I have no problems with the color of the dough so I think I made the right choice, haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.