My nickname should be STUPID! Help!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by olive branch, Oct 20, 2001.

1. olive branch

olive branch

Dear Nicko, I don't want my screen name or nickname or whatever to be [email protected]! When I first found ChefTalk, I appeared as Debbie Branch, which was okay. Now Zorba the Greek suggests that I appear as Olive Branch, since I have olive trees and I'm learning to cure olives. That would be lovely. But is there a way for me to change this? If so, I apparently need minute and detailed instructions and hand-holding.
    Thank you!

2. isa

isa

Don't be so hard on yourself....:)

3. olive branch

olive branch

Hi Isa! If I cannot be hard on myself, who else is there? How did I change my screen name without knowing it? Maybe the same way I put salt instead of sugar in the muffins! LOL - thanks for your advice!

Debbie

4. isa

isa

Nicko must have heard you Debbie. He can make, some, wish come true. ;)

5. olive branch

olive branch

Nicko sure made that wish come true, and in a hurry! What else might I wish for?

Debbie

6. athenaeus

athenaeus

Exp:
    At home cook
    Olive Branch!!!!

You look much better now!!

;)

7. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Olive Branch,

You wish is my command. Could I get a sample of your olives when the harvest comes and after you have brined them? :D

8. marzoli

marzoli

They are patient with everybody--even me. I ask some of the dumbest questions! You have no idea. Enjoy! And welcome!:D

9. olive branch

olive branch

I'm primping my hair and looking in the mirror - thinking I look so much more beautiful with my new name! Don't you think so too?? Thanks Nicko and Zorba and Athenaeus! And Isa and Sandy!

It will be time for drinks and olives in January. Are you up for it?

Love, Debbie

10. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Very nice name.;)

11. olive branch

olive branch

Dearest Nicko,

I don't think they would let yeast or tartaric acid through now, but they might deliver some olives! If they're any good I'll send you a quart. You can see what you made possible with your magic wand!

Love, Debbie

12. marzoli

marzoli

Nearby in Illinois, there is a town named Olive Branch. It borders a wild game preserve which is a swampland called Horseshoe Lake. All the cool geese and ducks come there from up north in the winter. It's a very pleasant, peaceful place. The town of Olive Branch is a nice little community mostly supported by the goose hunting industry (unfortunately, to have the preserve we also must have the hunters around the edges!). Your name makes me think of pleasant things like geese honking over frosty cornfields and fish in the lake and deer grazing on wheat left for the animals. The birds are starting to fly in now that it's getting colder in the north. By Thanksgiving the place will be packed!

13. olive branch

olive branch

I like my new name even better now that I know about Olive Branch, Illinois! Thanks for the lovely images, Marzoli!

Love ~ Debbie

14. marzoli

marzoli

Hi! We visited the game preserve last weekend. It is amazing how many more geese have arrived. You can just roll down the car window and listen to a symphony. Glad you liked the description.