My Introduction

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by blackraven, Dec 30, 2005.

1. blackraven

blackraven

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    Hello everyone. I am Darby (BlackRaven) a new member here. I prrobably don't have much input yet. I am a new culinary arts student finally finding my place at the ripe age of 37.

I attend the Art Institute of Houston and I love it. Although I face a daily struggle to pay for school and pay support for my two great kids. Somehow though, being in the kitchens at school just makes it all worth the struggle. My current work is menial at best as a sandwich worker at the Houston Central Market store (an upscale H.E.B.), and I despise it. Prior to this I worked in the back of the house as the sole line person for my shift. It was mostly prepared food but I got to learn speed and how to have a good yelling match with an impatient waitstaff.

I am open to criticism and advice from anyone with the right experience and insight to give it. That doesn't include you boo-birds out there who present and argument for every post simply because you are bored.

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello Darby, and welcome to Chef Talk. You'll find many kindred spirits here and lots of support for your journey into the culinary world. There is lots to learn here, and as you settle in you'll be surprised that you'll have valued contributions to make, too. You don't get to be 37 without learning a thing or two! ;)

Make yourself at home-- Regards,
    Mezzaluna