My Intro

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by tweety69bird, Mar 3, 2005.

1. tweety69bird

tweety69bird

Hi! I found this site by accident yesterday, and am very happy that I did! My name is Karyn, and I just got out of pastry chef school, and although I already work full time in another field, I want to learn more about sugarwork and chocolate. This site seems to have alot of helpful people on it, and I hope I can contribute to that also, where I can!! :chef:

2. chef john

chef john

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Dear Tweety-
    Welcome to the world of pastry. Chocolate, by itself, can be a lifelong avocation, but well worth the effort. Sugar is a very beautiful type of art, and unlike ice sculpture, lasts awhile. There are many good resources out there for all skill levels, good luck in your pursuits. Once again, welcome to the forum.
    Bye, Chef John

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello Karyn, and welcome to Chef Talk. You've probably found the three pastry and baking forums we have here. Make yourself at home! Also, there are previous conversations on some of the topics you mentioned. Use the search button to locate them.

Enjoy!
    Mezzaluna

4. tweety69bird

tweety69bird

Hi! Thank you both so much for the nice welcome. Yes, I did search out the sugar conversations already.... and I'll probably search them out again.... Maybe you guys can give me some advice. I would like to make my own silicone molds, for leaf veining (using maybe modeling chocolate to create the leaf), as well as just to have my own unique molds. I am trying to find out where to get non toxic silicone that I can use, and it's not nearly as easy as I thought it would be. Also, I was told that homemade silicone molds are only non toxic for maybe 20 or so uses, and then it's risky. Thanks in advance, and happy Friday to everyone!