Mustard

Joined Aug 4, 2000
It's not just you, I can't quote my own post either. I can quote other posts, just not that one about the mustard pie for some reason.
Actually it is! You quickly precook the crust, then assemble the tart and cook it.
Baking instructions, please, for the assembled creation.

Joined Sep 5, 2008

Baking instructions, please, for the assembled creation.
I don't use instructions, I go by the color of the crust... I find that my oven always takes longer to bake anything than the instructions say anyway (even though the temp is true).

So basically I poke holes in the crust with a fork, pre-bake the crust for 5 or 10mn to get it dry and hard, then assemble (spread mustard, add tomato slices, herbs, cheese if using), then bake for... oh about 30mn or so. Your oven may be faster, especially if you're using an electric oven (I'm using a large gas oven). 

Joined Sep 3, 2015

I don't use instructions, I go by the color of the crust... I find that my oven always takes longer to bake anything than the instructions say anyway (even though the temp is true).

So basically I poke holes in the crust with a fork, pre-bake the crust for 5 or 10mn to get it dry and hard, then assemble (spread mustard, add tomato slices, herbs, cheese if using), then bake for... oh about 30mn or so. Your oven may be faster, especially if you're using an electric oven (I'm using a large gas oven). 
Do you have a go-to mustard for making this? I could imagine both tangier and spicier ones would work well...

Joined Jun 5, 2016
Don't really like the Maille Dijon... too salty... hard to find the right one!... prefer most of the german ones like "Loewensenf extra" or Bautzner etc... only problem they use genetically manipulated rapeseed 

Top Bottom