musical chefs

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by soussweets, Jul 3, 2003.

1. soussweets

soussweets

just out of curiosity,,, i am wondering how many of my fellow cookies play and instrument,, kind of an experiment of creativity. curious what others use as an outlet for their creative aspirations.

2. greg

greg

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I play some guitar, mostly just goofing around. Occasionally I'll try to learn some Carlos Santana licks just as a challenge. I find it's like cooking; I'm creating something that comes from within and am always amazed that I did it.

3. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    I play the piano....not often anymore. I took lessons for 11 years and some college courses in music ed.
    The only time I've played it in the last few years was when I was in love....funny. There is something about playing that let's my heart soar. Mainly Russian classical.

4. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    For years I played trombone and bass guitar, but that was ages ago. I doubt I could even read a sheat of music anymore.

5. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I've been playing guitar and bass pretty much daily for around 25 years or so:eek: I've played for fun and played professionally as well. I don't really gig anymore as I got tired of the nights and the grind. Now I am just lazy, but I do play at home all the time. Mostly Steve Vai, Steve Morse, SRV and a whole host of others.

6. coolj

coolj

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Well, I tinker with the piano, i used to play more often in high school, but haven't played seriously in years, and now I also want to learn to play guitar.

7. w.debord

w.debord

I play piano- so poorly that my hubby finally convinced me to put the old gal out of her misery. She now gets played weekly at a seniors outting.

Outlet for creative aspirations: work of course! Being a pastry chef is the perfect outlet for creativity.

8. chefhogan

chefhogan Banned

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Guitar and Trumpet

Hogan

9. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I sometimes get payed to play classical guitar. :)

Kuan

10. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I create my music with carborators,valves and pistons.
    The best is when I can take it from a humm to a throaty roar!
    My son and I just finished a wonderful concert- 1974 Jensen Healey

11. mike

mike

Drums and a bit of bass once. Oh and pots & pans.

12. chefboy2160

chefboy2160

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I have played guitar since I was a kid . Great stress let down . Sadly I must say that my other musical vice is women ! Just love to hear those high notes that you cannot reproduce with a musical instrument !

13. soussweets

soussweets

well said chefboy,,, i too share your vice above and beyond the music made by mere instruments,,,, but my drums are a strong second place.

14. mike

mike

Naughty boys. tsk tsk.