Muscovado Sugar

Joined Jan 4, 2012

the cakes in my profile....are of course... caneles  :)
@Canele  - Hitting my head against wall! I should have known that! I have never made them but I saw a recipe for them a few months ago and was wanting to make them. But the molds are  expensive.

Joined Apr 7, 2015

@Canele  - Hitting my head against wall! I should have known that! I have never made them but I saw a recipe for them a few months ago and was wanting to make them. But the molds are  expensive.
lol.... :)

The individual copper molds are the preferred way to go as it gives the exterior a better texture. A bit darker and crisper so to speak...

but.... look into the silicone mold pans. They will do you just fine. Most large scale production of caneles are made in them now....for the very same reason you site. Cost.

http://www.bakedeco.com/detail.asp?id=11834&trng=fgle&gclid=CNahw5HD0cUCFQqEaQodnyQAYg#.VV0fhkam1Sk

Joined Jan 4, 2012

lol.... :)

The individual copper molds are the preferred way to go as it gives the exterior a better texture. A bit darker and crisper so to speak...

but.... look into the silicone mold pans. They will do you just fine. Most large scale production of caneles are made in them now....for the very same reason you site. Cost.

http://www.bakedeco.com/detail.asp?id=11834&trng=fgle&gclid=CNahw5HD0cUCFQqEaQodnyQAYg#.VV0fhkam1Sk
@Canele  - I saw the silicone molds on Amazon as well. I am a little "funny" when it comes to kitchen equipment, and prefer always to go with the best cookware and appliances. I have used silicone molds when making candy, but mostly use the polycarbonate molds. For the caneles I would love to get the Matfer Bourgeat - I have their Brioche molds and love them I use them to make Dan Tat.  - Oh, the malt loaves came out fine :)

Joined Apr 7, 2015

@Canele  - I saw the silicone molds on Amazon as well. I am a little "funny" when it comes to kitchen equipment, and prefer always to go with the best cookware and appliances. I have used silicone molds when making candy, but mostly use the polycarbonate molds. For the caneles I would love to get the Matfer Bourgeat - I have their Brioche molds and love them I use them to make Dan Tat.  - Oh, the malt loaves came out fine :)
yay on the malt loaves!!!!!

Top Bottom