muffins

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by limacher, Nov 23, 2010.

1. limacher

limacher

Exp:
    At home cook
    i have just started making muffins and they are sticking at the bottom of the cases can anyone help

2. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello and welcome to Cheftalk.

If you repost your question in the baking forum (further down the opening page which lists all the fora on here) I am sure you will get some help.

We have all levels of expertise amongst our members - so feel free to join in on any thread you find interesting, or start your own (as with your question up above!)  The professional for are read-only for those of us who are not in a culinary-related trade or profession.  However,I've managed to glean a lot of helpful info from reading them!

3. homemadecook

homemadecook

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Have you grease you cases before putting the muffins? If not, that's the reason why it sticks. :)

4. chefross

chefross

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Paper muffin cups?????

5. siduri

siduri

Exp:
    At home cook
    Chefross, i've tried paper liners, but the muffins stick to them too.  I started having problems with stuff sticking since i moved to italy.  Now there is parchment paper and that worlks well, but i can't find muffin cups that are made of stick-proof paper.  here at least. 

6. chefross

chefross

Exp:
    Former Chef
    spray the muffin cups with pan release

7. dillonsmimi

dillonsmimi

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Look online for the new Reynolds Wrap liners as well as any silicone coated paper liners.

Not only functional, but they come in some beautiful colors and prints.

Greatest invention since sliced bread, IMO.

Expect to pay a bit more.

You could spray, I suppose, but then you are running the risk of a greasy result.

Another thing is to wait until the muffins are cool before attempting to "peel".

Don't know why but this seems to help.

mimi

8. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Use Parchment cupcake liners, put in pan then spray them nothing sticks. This also helps if your crown on muffin or cupcake  goes over, it wont stick to cupcake pan either.