Mozzarella cheese

Joined Aug 10, 2013
Tried to make or own Mozzarella cheese, from whole milk . Result was terrible , very hard and rubbery . Does any one have a good video, I can follow ?

Joined Apr 25, 2017
We do make our own, but we have always used raw milk so I don't know about the differences first hand.

Over working the cheese can make it tough, as can using too much acid or rennet. The directions at the site are very good and we use their recipes more than any others.

A side note from teaching others - If you find the cheese too hot to handle during the stretching part, dish-washing gloves are very helpful. Be sure they fit though, too big and it is difficult to maneuver the cheese.

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
We do make our own, but we have always used raw milk so I don't know about the differences first hand.

Over working the cheese can make it tough, as can using too much acid or rennet. The directions at the site are very good and we use their recipes more than any others.

A side note from teaching others - If you find the cheese too hot to handle during the stretching part, dish-washing gloves are very helpful. Be sure they fit though, too big and it is difficult to maneuver the cheese.
I usually just use 2 pairs of vinyl gloves. That usually does the trick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom