Mother’s Day cooking

Joined Apr 3, 2008
I think it’s safe to say none of us are going out for Mother’s Day this year. It’s usually the busiest day of the year at restaurants next to Valentine’s Day. So what is everyone cooking?

Kontosouvli is on my menu. I am marinating big chunks of pork butt overnight. Tomorrow they will be skewered and spit roasted. I will also make lemon roasted potatoes, and some roasted eggplant.

If I’m feeling adventurous in the morning I may bake a cake.

Joined Oct 9, 2008
Homemade bagels, gravlax, and cream cheese for brunch. Dinner is roast leg of lamb, baguettes, frisée au lardons, roasted carrots soup, and roasted new potatoes. I'm not much of a sweets cook, so dessert is Klondike bars.

Joined Mar 1, 2017
Meatballs. My wife is crazy for my meatballs.

With it, tagliatelle al ragù alla bolognese with homemade tagliatelle, of course ;-)

Tiramisu for dessert.

Joined Apr 3, 2008
Homemade bagels, gravlax, and cream cheese for brunch. Dinner is roast leg of lamb, baguettes, frisée au lardons, roasted carrots soup, and roasted new potatoes. I'm not much of a sweets cook, so dessert is Klondike bars.
Oooh I’m coming over for leftovers!
I made my own gravlax last week, it’s one of my favorite things. How do you flavor yours? Mine is salt pepper dill coriander and lemon zest. 19EE109D-9C76-4E5F-9D73-5B4A19F720F4.jpeg

Joined Oct 9, 2008
Re gravlax, I do various things, but the main difference from what you did is that I rub with booze -- this time vodka. Then the seasonings.

Joined Nov 2, 2017
No where near what you guys were doing. I did Parm roasted potatoes, Parm roasted asparagus, along with a pork loin roast with a pineapple salsa. Yes, she really likes parm. Also did a version of an egg mcmuffin for breakfast.
mothers day 2020 breakfast.jpg mothers day 2020 dinner.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom