Most ridiculous complaint that you've heard recently?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by prairiechef, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Iceman

Iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    [​IMG]

2. pcieluck

pcieluck

Exp:
    Line Cook
    pretty convinced that 90% of the meat eating population has no grasp on what medium is. I've gone to far too many restaurants asking for a medium burger, steak, or salon to have it brought out ot me with little to ZERO color left, and I get perfect mediums sent back to me at least a few times a week.

3. greyeaglem

greyeaglem

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    "The parsley butter potatoes are bland."  Huh? Let's see.... boiled red potatoes with parsley and butter.... Look to you left. On your table you will observe two small glass containers that contain salt and pepper. Help yourself. It's just a matter of time before I hear  "Excuse me, this baked potato is bland." I could start a big rant here about people who think everything has to be doused with hot sauce, rolled in rock salt and dipped in ranch dressing before they can taste it. I swear you could do that to a dog turd and they'd rave about how great it is.  "Can I get my Canadian walleye blackened?" I could cry sometimes.

ericadunham likes this.
  4. eloki

eloki

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Once on a busy sunday breakfast, we had a customer ask for "bacon cooked until it's charred" (that was her own words").  She sent it back saying it was inedible.

5. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I think people are so used to the tons of salt, fat, sugar & msg in processed foods that they've forgotten the taste of real food.

6. chef silver

chef silver

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    In  our  grill  bar  was a  fun  event.  Our  menu  is  beef  tongue  fried  on the grill.  Guestrequested  language  from  the bloody  roasting.  We  first  thought  it was a joke, but he  wasreally serious:)  Write a review  of  the complaint book.  And  he  was  absolutely  still  the language of  re  hot  boiled  for about three  hours  :)))))

7. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Ask the Chef "" What kind of sherry does  he use in the Seafood Newburg????""                I would have told them the cheapest I could find .but I told the  waiter to tell them it was a Spanish Amontillado..

8. dmcropper

dmcropper

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    i had some really stupid complaints in the last few week

someone orders the parsnip gnocci with ox tail sauce, then complained that it didnt say on the board that there was meat in the sauce. 

an other

a guy orders the pork belly with black pudding, chorizo and mash then sends it back saying it wasnt what he was expecting

9. aleksandar

aleksandar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Beef carpaccio is raw

10. gopostal

gopostal

Exp:
    Line Cook
    From the Front manager "my mashed potatoes are to hot and they burned the roof of my mouth"

11. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    From a co worker when I was pulled from my dept to help the shipper catch up....this is BS did you tell boss how much work we have to do? ....
    (At the time we had to slice two cases of peppers....maybe an hour of work tops... Open three cases of mozzarella... Five minutes of work.. And one case of mozzarella.... Again maybe six minutes of work with that.)
    I said yes I did and there were three of us so we could easily spare one for such little work to do.
    Her words... This is bullshit we have our own work to do and we do not need to do their work too they are lazy... I said sorry talk to the boss...
    Then she goes,,, I am almost fifty and I have high Bp so I will not do anything heavy....
    At that point I left because I would have ripped her a new a$$ hole.... I am older than her and I have fibroyalgia, endo,arthritis and high BP so she can go suck an egg,
    Sooo...when did age come into doing your effing job???
    Sorry For the rant...

12. berndy

berndy

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I mentioned this one before. When I had my German restaurant I  had customers order our  best seller "Sauerbraten" and after they finished everything on the platter they complained that the meat was spoiled to the point that had a sour taste and I should stop serving it /img/vbsmilies/smilies/laser.gif

13. linecook854

linecook854

Exp:
    Head Chef
    80% of the general population has no clue as to meat temperatures. My general manager still thinks a medium-well burger with a small band of pink is medium rare and trains FOH to tell customers that medium has very little pink throughout. My dishwasher wants a "medium well done burger with pink in the middle but no blood or fat" and my servers are horrified to see a red steak when ordered medium rare ('that's NOT cooked!"). FML.

All time favorite meat temperature complaint from a customer is a guy who wanted a beautiful rack of lamb cooked to medium, no problem I thought. Cooked to damn near perfect medium, fully rested and the temperature gradient is almost perfectly pink throughout. Sends it back claiming its raw. OK I say, he doesn't know meat temperatures he really wants it to about medium-well plus. Send it back to the table at medium-well. Comes back saying it's brown. I tell server to ask what color he wants the lamb, server comes back saying he usually gets it blackened at so and so's restaurant so he wants it black on the outside, red on the inside but brown in the middle. I went to the table told him I can't perform miracles and served him a well done burger. Said it was the most perfect cooked burger he's ever had.

14. texaschef 74

texaschef 74

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Heard this from the bar tender

"I'd like a wine that doesn't taste like wine."/img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

SMH

15. sealychef

sealychef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    guy brings back a $2.50 sandwich, cussing and all. just wants 2 pieces of beetroot leaves from my mesculin mix.

" here you go sir enjoy your sandwich"

16. suki1964

suki1964

Exp:
    Other
    Today's complaint near killed me

The special today was supreme of chicken served on creamy garlic new pots and braised red cabbage. Order came through for it but no cabbage and bacon and cheese mash instead of the new pots ???

Then complained they were sent a plate of chicken and potatoes !!!!

17. soesje

soesje

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Too nice to just come out of service, with a cold lemon wodka and enjoy the stories .... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

18. kaiquekuisine

kaiquekuisine

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Ohh , so this week our house special was filet minon , with parsnip puree , and sautéed veggies with a hint of honey , and a homeade demi ( its pretty good if i do say so myself , BUT I HATE MAKING IT )....

So one of our clients is in love with our head chef and decides to order it , to you know kiss my chefs a** , he obviously didnt know i was the one making it. When he finds out im making the damn plate he decides not to eat it.... -_-

Today i made the same plate for 2 customers.... THEY WERE IDENTICAL... one client eats the whole thing , the other only eats the meat and leaves all the puree and veggies on her plate , then i have to deal with the waiter telling me she would have prefered rice of puree and some other veggies aside from carrots , zuchini , and green beans.... well why did she order it then if it was explained on the menu what the dish was composed of -_-

19. skipstrr

skipstrr

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    yea right????

20. skipstrr

skipstrr

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    agreed!!!! but still funny with the curry...just goes to show....fake foodies are all over & have the worst pallet!