Most Popular Cooking Challenge???

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Thought everyone would find it interesting what the most popular cooking challenges have been since they started. You can view all cooking challenges here:  [article="28043"]Cheftalk Monthly Cooking Challenges​[/article]  

And the most popular ChefTalk.com cooking challenges are:

[thread="79353"]February 2014 Fish Challenge  [/thread]
[thread="76411"]Challenge July 2013 Pork  [/thread]
[thread="76835"]Challenge August 2013 Tomatoes  [/thread]

Joined Sep 8, 2015
The most popular challenges were in the early years.  What can we do to increase the participation now?  Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
Joined Apr 25, 2014
Ehhh depends on your metric. January 2016 had 300+ replies. If you count views, of course older threads have more clicks over time.

Also I would guess the site has more concurrent active topics at any given time to split peoples attention

Joined Jan 8, 2010
In the earlier challenges a lot of people posted "old" dishes.
Now it is only dishes made in the month of the challenge, which I think is a big improvement.
I like these challenges as they make me try different styles and techniques.

Joined Oct 23, 2008
I just read back through the entire "Fish Challenge" thread and honestly that is the best example of the true beauty of this little website I think anyone could find. It illustrates everything that is good and right with the community; encouragement, questioning, support, passion etc. That was one heck of a month.. @Nicko even came out of his shell and posted multiple entries!

Two years later - in a world that seems to be spinning out of control, I had tears in my eyes re-reading some of the exchanges that took place that month. I am very proud of all of you, and even if only through the digital world I consider you all friends and kindred spirits.

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
@eastshores  I forgot that I made the smoked salmon for the fish challenge that was a good topic. Thanks for the kind words about ChefTalk.com

Top Bottom