Most Popular Cooking Challenge???

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by nicko, Jul 13, 2016.

1. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
  2. hank

hank

Exp:
    Home Cook
    The most popular challenges were in the early years.  What can we do to increase the participation now?  Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  3. millionsknives

millionsknives

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Ehhh depends on your metric. January 2016 had 300+ replies. If you count views, of course older threads have more clicks over time.

Also I would guess the site has more concurrent active topics at any given time to split peoples attention

4. butzy

butzy

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    In the earlier challenges a lot of people posted "old" dishes.
    Now it is only dishes made in the month of the challenge, which I think is a big improvement.
    I like these challenges as they make me try different styles and techniques.

5. eastshores

eastshores

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I just read back through the entire "Fish Challenge" thread and honestly that is the best example of the true beauty of this little website I think anyone could find. It illustrates everything that is good and right with the community; encouragement, questioning, support, passion etc. That was one heck of a month.. @Nicko even came out of his shell and posted multiple entries!

Two years later - in a world that seems to be spinning out of control, I had tears in my eyes re-reading some of the exchanges that took place that month. I am very proud of all of you, and even if only through the digital world I consider you all friends and kindred spirits.

6. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    @eastshores  I forgot that I made the smoked salmon for the fish challenge that was a good topic. Thanks for the kind words about ChefTalk.com