Most overrated and underrated proteins

Joined Oct 29, 2008
Overrated seafood: halibut. chicken breast of the sea, and I'm sorta saying it's as bad as chicken, so nuff said.

Underrated seafood: skate liver. way better than monkfish liver

Overrated meat: close call between tenderloin and the eye or loin part of rib eye which tastes pretty much the same as new york strip which also is boring as hell. I wish, someday, they'll sell the cap and the eye of rib eye separate. They really are two different muscles that need to be cooked separately.

Underrated meat: goat heart. Probably the best heart I've ever had. Better than beef, pork, chicken, lamb, and venison, and everything else...

Overrated veggie: veggies are all overrated :) I, as a man, hunt, kill, and eat MEAT!

Joined Apr 3, 2008
Overrated veggie: veggies are all overrated :) I, as a man, hunt, kill, and eat MEAT!

Awe come on now no foodie would say something like this. Saying you don't like veggies is like saying you don't like brushing your teeth. You have to be a big boy and eat up. You're either too young to fully grasp what the consequences are to your body of not eating veggies or too old to care anymore. Vegetables are life.

Last edited:

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
To me the most overrated cut is the NY strip.  It's no better than sirloin.  It just looks a little nicer, but, but still consists of more than one muscle at one end. 

I'm not saying what's my choice for underrated because then someone is going to read it and make it too expensive for me again.

Top Bottom