Most memorable stupid orders you've gotten

Joined Apr 16, 2015
Once i ve had a weird request, guest wanted side onion rings with no onion..
What? Ohh she wants fried tempura [emoji]128516[/emoji]

Joined Apr 11, 2013
Posted on the wrong thread before but oh well...

Caprese Salad no Mozzarella de Buffala, instead sub the cheese for fried chicken.... 

So we did <_< but it didnt make sense or look like a salad, it looked like a replated fancy version of some KFC knockoff. 

Last edited:
Joined Apr 5, 2016
ok...no necessarily  an order...Bu I 86'ed something on night and our Daffy waitress sent in an order for 4 of the Item we 86ed. Brought the server into the kitchen and told her we were out of them. Dumbfoundedly she says..."well you just had 86 of them, what am I suppose to tell the guests"....lol....Glad she didn't read minds...as far as the stupidest order I've ever gotten.....Chicken Cordon Bleu with the Ham and Cheese on the side.......

Last edited:
Joined Apr 17, 2006

My wife was a Maitre D  on a cruise ship sailing in the Carib.The main oil feed to the engines fractured then exploded as they were serving desert.The Master ordered all passengers to their muster station. She was asked by a pax if she could take her desert with her.
Well, it makes sense. If you're going to drown, it would be a shame to not have your dessert first. I think I'd take two along to eat while waiting in line for the life boat.

Joined Apr 17, 2006
A table ordered five burgers on pretzel buns. We only carry pretzel slider buns...

We had to split the 8oz burger patty and reform them. When plating we had to split the LTOPs... Ticket that usually takes 8 minutes took two guys over twenty minutes which put us in the weeds for all the tickets that came afterwards
That's why you tell them if they want pretzel buns they need to order the item that comes on them. People now think they need to be catered to at every turn, and restaurants encourage it by falling over backwards to do it. While you're messing around with the "special" person's order, everybody else is being inconvenienced by having to wait longer for their food. The focus now seems to be on pleasing the "special" person and everyone else can go to hell. It's a menu, not a suggestion sheet, and we have it for a reason. The way to stop it is by adding a hefty "special order" fee. I call it the PITA fee. Do I care if they come back? No. They're wrecking my business. Nothing will kill you faster than long wait times. Something simple, no problem, but when it backs your kitchen up to the point it's making other people wait, it's time to say no. These fussy people just aren't worth it.

Joined Apr 17, 2006
I just had a new one. Lady asks to see me during brunch. she tells me she wants a low fat eggs Benedict. She wants no yolks.. At all. I try to explain that yolks are a key ingredient the sauce. She tells me that a good chef should be able to make it happen. She got meringue covered egg whites. Ewww..
That's when you tell them you're a chef, not a miracle worker. When what you really want to say is a good customer wouldn't ask for something that ridiculous. And if she was worried about low fat, she should have asked for Hollandaise with no butter. Low fat diet, cut the egg yolk and keep the butter. I'm surprised my head isn't full of dents from banging it on the wall.

Last edited:
Joined Apr 5, 2016
Nothing kills you more in a small community that being a dick towards your guest...it's the "Hospitality business",,Be hospitable....LOL

Joined Nov 17, 2015
You are correct. Hard cheeses and yogurt contain the least lactose, soft cheeses have more, and milk and cream have the most. Butter has almost no lactose. Since it's an intolerance, not an allergy, there's a lot of variation in how much lactose individuals can tolerate before they start having symptoms.

Joined Nov 17, 2015
After 4 months of aging most cheese has converted all lactose. Making it naturally lactose free. Beemster is a good one.

Joined Jun 10, 2016
Egg Beaters Sunny Side Up

Chicken Florentine - Pittsburg (Server thought Pittsburg just meant Blackened)

I've spent several years at beach side resorts

Crab Legs - no shell

Peel and Eat Shrimp - Peeled.

Yeah, I'm totally going to shuck your food for you, want me to chew it too?

Joined Jan 19, 2014
Side of bacon, burnt.

Customer sends it back saying it's TOO well done. When I won't refire, explaining I don't know how to control degrees of "burnt", threatens a bad Yelp review.

Joined Apr 5, 2016
Ya...well beat them to the punch on Yelp...Tell your story first. But truthfully, You have to pick and choose your battles, and that was one not worth fighting. Just give them the 3 or 4  rasher of bacon but first, have you're server ask them their definition of burned. Back to Yelp, it's a bunch of BS. You can call them and pay a fee and have things removed. It's a scam on their end, but in the same respect, you can tactfully, diplomatically and politely make disgruntled guests back in their play if you do it the right way. Once again, some battles are worth fighting and other times it's best just to apologize and try to make amends in the general public. 

Joined Jan 4, 2011
Better yet ... put a piece of fried chx in between the burgers, glued together with melted cheese and bacon

I think Colonel Sanders KFC had a deal like this. 

Latest posts

Top Bottom