Morning routine to a chef student

Joined Dec 25, 2015
Hey

I'm from Denmark and working at a nice fish restaurant in Copenhagen.
Right now i'm on the section with "garnish" to the main courses and such. A big section and takes a lot of energy.

I wanna know what you guys do in the morning ?

Me;
I'm waking up 20-30 min before going out of the door.
Mon-thursday i'm meeting at 11am. In weekend it's 10am.

I start with cleaning my face, cream on it (pimples), clothes on, then eat a little something and get shoes on and such.

Fast and "easy" wake up.

But i always feel tired in the morning and i just want to learn waking up fresh and energyfull for a long day.
I have been a chef student in 7 months now.

Joined Feb 17, 2010
Hey

I'm from Denmark and working at a nice fish restaurant in Copenhagen.
Right now i'm on the section with "garnish" to the main courses and such. A big section and takes a lot of energy.

I wanna know what you guys do in the morning ?

Me;
I'm waking up 20-30 min before going out of the door.
Mon-thursday i'm meeting at 11am. In weekend it's 10am.

I start with cleaning my face, cream on it (pimples), clothes on, then eat a little something and get shoes on and such.

Fast and "easy" wake up.

But i always feel tired in the morning and i just want to learn waking up fresh and energyfull for a long day.
I have been a chef student in 7 months now.
You need to wake up earlier, shower and coffee. If you don't drink coffee now is the time to learn. Coffee is your friend.

Joined Dec 18, 2010
... And keep eating a little something something as the day goes on to curb the caffeine/acid. A little food will keep you going.

... And don't forget to shave and brush your teeth!

Last edited:
Joined Nov 22, 2015
I ussually have a 45 to 60 minute morning routine, wake up, stretch abit, shower, shave, eat something small fast and light (like avacado on toast). Drink maybe a half gallon of water throughout the routine. Don't do coffee, if I do its when I get to work, black on ice in a 16oz cup downed chased with water with alot of lemon juice. Have 3 hours before service, plenty of time to eat a few light snacks and wake up for real.

Joined Sep 5, 2012
I get to my kitchen by 545am. Im up at 4. Walk the dog, drink a cuppa and take one togo, 25 min drive into göteborg. Give your self some time to wake up and get moving.

Latest posts

Top Bottom