More Snow

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by cyberdoc, Feb 3, 2010.

1. cyberdoc

cyberdoc

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Batten down the hatches. It looks like the Mid-Atlantic is going to get walloped again this weekend. If the models are on track, in the NCA we're looking at a possibility of 13 inches to 2 feet. We still have snow piles from the December storm. Fasten your seatbelt, it's going to be a bumpy ride.;)

2. masterflipper

masterflipper

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I live in NYC and we are gonna get hit this week:/

3. cyberdoc

cyberdoc

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Yep, if the models hold, 7 to 9 for NYC.

4. elizabethbryce@

[email protected]

Exp:
    Other
    It was so nice and sunshiny here today...but not for long as our weather guy said we're gonna have some mix of snow and rain this coming Friday. I think when I saw the geese flying southwards this morning I am starting to believe him. It freaking cold outside now...

Man...this global warming is saving our butts, without it we would look like the north pole.

:rolleyes:

5. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    How you guys holding up out there? Saw the weather on the news, I just couldn't imagine having to slog through that daily to get to work.

6. mikelm

mikelm

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Our daughter called a couple hours ago to let us know she and the family are OK so far. They got two feet of snow in Mount Lebanon, a nice suburb just to the south of Pittsburgh. That's a LOT of snow for that part of the country. For the whole Mid-Atlantic region, for that matter,

They got the driveway shoveled, but don't plan on going anywhere just now. Not much more snow forecast for the next few days.

They're really lucky in that they still have power, :bounce: so the Superbowl tailgate party is still on.

Mike

7. dc sunshine

dc sunshine

Exp:
    Other
    Uses for snow: Make slushies?

8. oldschool1982

oldschool1982

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    [​IMG]

Here's a money shot......What snow is like just South of Richmond.

Last week we had around 13". This weekend....if it wasn't for the almost 3" of rain we got last night.... we'd have close to 3ft on the ground. Started out snowing around 9am yesterday......5" of new stuff and then around 3pm it started to rain. Went out to check some problem areas we have in the yard last night and........ the back yard was flooded with slushy water about 10" deep in some spots. But it's winter in an El Nino year so what can ya do but make it work......and have a couple margaritas with lunch :beer:

9. dc sunshine

dc sunshine

Exp:
    Other
    Lookiing at that beautiful pic makes me think of hot toddies....

10. cyberdoc

cyberdoc

Exp:
    Home Chef
    We ended up getting 31.8 inches, and it looks like we may have another 5-15 on the way.

11. chefboyarg

chefboyarg

Exp:
    Line Cook
    I love snowbaording so I woule totally be in heaven. We have very little snow up in these parts.

12. cyberdoc

cyberdoc

Exp:
    Home Chef
    I'm trying to get the car dug out today. It is very slow going.

13. duckfat

duckfat

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Wow you guys have been hammered and it looks like your going to get more! In Detroit it's been a very mild winter but tonight we may get 10".
    I hope you have power or a generator and a snow blower.

14. cyberdoc

cyberdoc

Exp:
    Home Chef
    No snow blower. We're looking at another 10-20 inches tnoght and tomorrow.

15. mikelm

mikelm

Exp:
    Home Chef
    The Weather Channel says today that a half-dozen Mid-Atlantic cities are headed for all-time record cumulative annual snowfalls. Haven't heard any comment on this from Al Gore, although I heard that some Global Warming conference out that way had to be cancelled. :blush:

Haven't heard from my daughter in Pbgh, either. Hope they've still got power!

Mike

16. kirstens

kirstens

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    oldschool......beautiful pic!

It's been snowing all morning, day and night here in Chicago. Supposed to continue tomorrow too. Ahhhhhhh Chicago weather, love it :mad: ;)

17. duckfat

duckfat

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    We got about 6" last night. Our first real snow of the year in Detroit. My parents live up North and they have a lot of snow. Some how we avoided the big storms so far this year. I heard Chicago had an earth quake last night! :eek:
    I hope every one in DC is OK. Then again a little brain freeze won't hurt the Government any...:peace:

18. cyberdoc

cyberdoc

Exp:
    Home Chef
    [Begin musical score] It's begining to look a lot like....Antartica.;) I just heard a good one on the Weather Channel. Mike Seidel just said the snow is piling up faster than the national debt. Now that is truly scary. :D

19. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hope you guys are all staying safe. We got some snow today but only maybe a few inches. What we have gotten all winter so far for snow is about the amount that falls in an average February so we've really dodged it so far this year...

20. cyberdoc

cyberdoc

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Yeah, we're staying inside today.