More Insentive to go to Humber

Joined Apr 28, 2003
THIS IS SO FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE!!!

For 4 weeks, I was calling George Brown up to as how and when I can apply for chef training as a returning student and I never recieved a response. I emailed them and they responded in 3 days and I quote "Returning student packages are being sent out in July. You can then register and pay your fees."

I emailed and called them up again today for a status on this so called package. Now they say I have to apply through OCAS and the chef training course was filled up 2 months ago but last I checked (which was less then 2 months ago) the status of the chef training course was Waiting List...WTF!!!

I'm so tempted to just switch to Humber College...I've gone through a lot of BS with GBC last year just to get in and now they're doing it again x3. I can't go back in September for chef training, earliest I can return is January and I'll still have to pay full tuitions even though I won't be needing most of the classes like nutrition, business comm, basic computers, general education, etc.

Going to GBC was a big mistake for many reasons both personal and professional.

Joined Jan 5, 2001
Great!

In the meantime, try to get some summer hours in a restaurant on the savoury side. Things are really picking up everywhere. Try on the Mount-Pleasant strip; I've noticed increased activity there.

Joined Apr 28, 2003
Thanks for the heads up on that...I don't live too far from Mount Pleasant either which will make traveling pretty easy for me.

chefhogan

Banned
Joined Jun 15, 2003
If your resume reads GBC, then I hire you for the dish pit! Humber is by far the better choice and will look better on your resume to boot. I have yet to see ONE god Chef come out of GBC.
Hogan

Joined Jan 26, 2002
Why such a backalsh on GBC...curious to find out, especially knowing at least one GBC grad on this board!

Joined Apr 28, 2003
GBC has given me a lot of crap even before getting into school...
there was 1 instance where I wanted to pay 1/2 my tuitions in 1st semester then the other 1/2 in second...for some reason, they charged me full tuitions to my credit cards and then some (nearly $3000...WTF WAS THAT?)
I also went through a big fiascle with their financial dept. about getting OSAP. 3 weeks of their crap there and I just gave up and paid with what I had.

Basically, their programs are decent with good facilities, but their administration dept. are full of money bagging morons.

P.S. who else do you know here is a GBC grad?

chefhogan

Banned
Joined Jun 15, 2003
I agree, GBC is a money hungry institution, whom cares not for the proper education of their students. A Chef is an individual whos craft is as individual as himself, thats not something GBC can teach when their course is designed for the masses not the individual.

Top Bottom