Monthly challenge recipes

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by maryb, Oct 1, 2014.

1. maryb

maryb

Exp:
    Semi pro/retired now
    Just an idea but we should gather all the monthly challenge recipes into a yearly cookbook. Could use a plain text format or mastercook.

2. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Interesting idea. Maybe 3 recipes from each challenge: the winning one and two people's choice or some such.

mjb.

3. thymetobake

thymetobake

Exp:
    At home cook
    This seems like quite a good idea; I would love to buy or download a version of this!

4. jake t buds

jake t buds

Exp:
    Other
    With so many recipe's, who's to judge which ones make it to the final book? They are all good, yes? I thought the monthly challenge wasn't about rating food preparation but sharing it. 

I say just create a thread where people can copy/paste those that appeal to them. Maybe even in the individual threads. Just ask for the recipe you want?

5. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Probably the majority of dishes are descriptions, but not really recipes. 

6. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I think I'll start writing down the recipes for the dishes I present in the challenges. And perhaps resurrect my foodie web site.

mjb.

7. eastshores

eastshores

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I like the idea a lot. We've completed so many challenges with so many wonderful dishes and photos. There are logistics issues, if we are to do this as a community project it would require each poster to sign off on allowing their photography to be used, and most likely as Phatch says many would need to submit an actual recipe to go along with their post.

I'd be willing to contribute to it with some type setting and or post production for photos. I have experience with layout and illustration but it could be quite a bit of work. What would the goal be ultimately? Another option is a Cheftalk.com article although that is limited pretty severely in presentation unless Nicko can get us a custom template in the site for such a project.

I threw together a really quick concept..

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014