Monte Cristo Questions

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
My searches haven't turned up anything yet.

I'm looking for technique primarily, but secondarily recipes for the deep fried artery blocker version of this sandwich.

How do you batter and deep fry something like a sandwich with common home equipment? How do you keep it together?

Yours in arteriosclerosis,

Phil

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Blue Bayou looks like it will guide me well.

Thanks all.

Phil

Joined Dec 12, 2000
just to change the direction but stay on the same topic, and just for laughs as well, here's the question of the day. If take a ham, turkey and swiss sandwich and dip it in egg and fry it, you have a Monte Cristo, and if you take a ham and swiss sandwich and do the same, you have a Monte Carlo, now if you take a turkey and swiss sandwich, dip it in egg and fry it, what the heck do you call it ?? =>

Joined Sep 21, 2001
Where I worked that sold the deep-fried version,(yuk) the nickname around the kitchen was a Monte Crisco!

Joined Mar 12, 2001
So if it's the full monte;) I guess that means that it comes naked, sans powdered sugar and raspberry jam, huh?:lol:

Joined Dec 12, 2000
Powdered sugar ??, maybe on the breakfast monte, which is a concoction of dice ham, green onions and cheddar bound with mayonaisse and cooked the same as a regular monte.

Joined Jan 29, 2000
And I thought they were called ....Croque Monsieur and Croque Madame.......thought I'd throw that in.
Is it the same thing?
:bounce:

Joined Jan 29, 2000
I thought Iwas being smart then I saw Kimmie has a definiton of the Monte Cristo.
Gee I figured being from Northern Ont.I was teaching you guys something.... Funnny!!!!
:eek:

Joined Jan 29, 2000
WowKimmie ,
I'm impressed you sure put a lot of work on that one.
Hope you got a good grade
Thank you;I enjoyed it very much!:lips:

Latest posts

Top Bottom