Momoreg's pearl white buttercream

Discussion in 'Professional Pastry Chefs' started by momoreg, Aug 7, 2001.

1. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Capechef has a way with words, that's all. It's an Italian meringue buttercream. Boil sugar to 240, pour into whipped whites, whip as it cools, then add softened butter. It is very tasty, and pretty simple.

2. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Can you ship those petit fours?
    jeff

3. bakerbebe

bakerbebe

Momoreg
    I bake as a hobby, but I mainly stick to cakes that are frosted with ganache or chocolate mousse due to my lack of cake decorating ability!!!
    Can you tell me the difference between a Swiss meringue buttercream and an Italian meringue buttercream? Thanks
    I need to expand my creations!

4. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    A Swiss buttercream is made with the same ingredients, but the sugar and whites are heated together over a water bath, until it's almost too hot to touch. At that point, it is whipped until cool, and the butter is added.

I have also seen this done with whole eggs, and just yolks. That obviously would yeild a richer and yellower buttercream.

Good luck, bakerbebe-- I hope you broaden your horizons :D . It's actually less messy to work with than ganache. :)

5. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Can I ship the petit fours to Texas??!! You're joking, right?

Actually, I think the heat up here had to be close to Texas heat today!!

6. bakerbebe

bakerbebe

Momoreg

I read that post about the amazing cake you created for the 75th birthday party. Do tell about the pearl white buttercream!!! Sounds amazing.

7. islander

islander

Could someone please tell me where this thread is posted? I missed it, can't find it now and it looks interesting. Thanks.

8. risa

risa

Islander: I think this is relating to the thread in Cook's Corner -- Michelle Thank You So Much! (topic)

9. islander

islander

Wow Risa! Thank you so much for the speedy response. I was expecting to wait days for an answer!!! I just happened to look down and see that you had posted a response for me. Thanks again.