Miyabi 7000 Pro small deba

Joined Jul 24, 2017
This was my first Japanese style knife. I bought it mostly because it was on sale on the Henckels website a couple years ago. I was familiar with the Henckels line and like the looks of this knife and the sale price was $50-60.

The blade is 3.75" with a rather large, but very comfortable handle. The blade is labeled cryodur high carbon cmv 60 stainless steel. From what I researched this is VG10 steel. The blade is a single bevel, another first for me.

I don't use the knife for fish the way a true deba is intended, but I do enjoy this knife. It has held up well with minimal maintenance or sharpening. I use it for light vegetable prep, maybe similar to a pairing knife. It chops well keeping knuckles off the cutting board.

Pros
- overall fit and finish
- good for smaller tasks
- edge retention
- Henckels factory support if needed

Cons
- heavy knife due to stainless design of handle
9E5A8998-4CE9-44F3-B128-9D4B95FE11D3.jpg

Joined Oct 9, 2008
How thick is the spine? A deba is normally thick enough that it gets quite awkward to use on vegetables.

Joined Jul 24, 2017
I measure .1". It's not thick like debas I've seen on eBay for sale. This is 2.5mm, some I've seen at close to 10mm.

Joined Jul 24, 2017
IMG_9385.JPG Sorry, looks like link didn't work for picture. Trying to better learn how to use site and attach picture to the thread.

Joined Jan 25, 2013
this knife could also be called an Ajikiri which has the same appearance. there seems to be no rules as to spine thickness, I have seen examples from 1.5mm to 6mm. I find the size and blade shape coupled with a double bevel make it the most used knife in my kitchen.

Top Bottom