Missing reviews

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Suggestions' started by chrislehrer, Jul 16, 2017.

1. chrislehrer

chrislehrer

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I wrote quite a number of reviews for this site, as well as a big Wiki article on Japanese knives, and so forth. All of this is now missing. Is this stuff archived somewhere? Will it become available again later?

2. chrislehrer

chrislehrer

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    On a related note, I'm listed as having written an article on "how to use herb stems," which I've never seen before.

3. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Good catch.

Jim's article on corned beef is assigned to me as is Passion of a chef. Probably others too, that's just on the first page.

4. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Maybe. Just maybe, if there were edits for spelling corrections or such made later then the most recent change made gets the credit in the import process. I know I've made minor corrective edits on other's articles. Do you remember the title of your knife article so we can search for it?

5. chrislehrer

chrislehrer

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hmm. Something like "Japanese Knives 101"

You could also search for "Flawed French Jewels" or something very similar, which was my review of Alain Ducasse's Encyclopedie.

6. chrislehrer

chrislehrer

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Then again, I just searched for "Japanese Knives" and got nothing, so I don't think the search engine is all that clever.

7. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Thanks for calling this out I brought it to the attention of the company that helped us move and they are looking into it.

8. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Please keep in mind this was a huge move and very complex so there are bound to be things we need to repair in the coming months. THanks.

9. chrislehrer

chrislehrer

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I'm not panicked about it, but it would be nice to see those reviews re-surface eventually.