Minimal pizza dough quantity?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by chrisbelgium, May 3, 2011.

1. chrisbelgium

chrisbelgium

Exp:
    Home Cook
    @Benway; love your story! A propos, one objection. You claimed; "...Well lactic acid isn't a common ingredient in cooking, but it is very common for those who brew beer and living in the beer capital of the world, I've got several friends who had lactic acid in stock...". No no no! I'm living in a country the size of a major city, plus we have over 750 beers, mostly artisanal stuff. So, I'm better placed to claim I'm living in the beer capital of the world, hahaha!

Back to topic; sorry 'bout Kevin!

@Mary; could you elaborate a little on the "warm fermentation"? What kind of yeast do you use? Ambient temperature? Thanks Mary.

@Kaneo; to all people suffering from stomach acid and sleepless nights after eating a commercial pizza; make your own crust and your troubles are over, and it's so easy! I'm certainly gonna try to make the dough the day before, it's just a 15 minute job.

2. benway

benway

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
  3. maryb

maryb

Exp:
    Semi pro/retired now
    Standard bread yeast. I use a modified version of the Pizza Inn recipe from pizzamaking.com, I use a little more water to get a slightly softer and easier to work dough. Get the dough to come together, stick it in a plastic bowl that is sprayed with oil and cover it with a corner barely open. Put it on the counter and let it warm ferment. This is for a thin crispy cracker style crust. One of my free form pizzas cooked at 500 degrees on a 3/4 inch stone that is preheated for an hour

[​IMG]

Stone is from here http://www.bakingstone.com/order.php

4. bishop

bishop

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    You were right. I do HATE that your girl tossed out Kevin.

5. petemccracken

petemccracken

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Let me get this straight, she threw out Kevin and she was still around a few days later??? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif Boy oh boy, you certainly are very forgiving! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/talker.gif