Mini-Med School

Joined Dec 8, 1999
Hey, Shroomgirl, you've mentioned this a few times, could you tell us more about it? Who runs it, how did you find it, is it just a MO thing, how much does it cost, etc. With all the things that happen in kitchens (and restaurants in general) it seems like a very useful course to take.

Joined Aug 11, 2000
Washington University Medical School is one of several nationally that offers an 8 week 2 hours a week class by the head of different departments....ie onocology, surgery, ER, gyn/ob, genetics etc....
Basically you find out what the docs are working on now...what the research is saying works....safety and sanitation, not really.
$65 tuition includes a sylibus, coffee,dessert, equipment for demos.....
121 students (13-70+ all different careers)
900 on the waiting list. Really interesting,
I've enjoyed it enough to commit to a sitter 8 weeks in a row and drive 30 minutes each way.

Joined Dec 8, 1999
Thanks for the info; it sounds interesting even if it doesn't apply to kitchen emergency practices (although I have seen my share of "science experiments", usually found when cleaning coolers and walk-ins).

Joined Aug 11, 2000
You know Greg I spent an hour learning how to suture....if crazy glue or searing is not an available option shoot there's always suturing a wound. course we didn't get to the anesthetic part, guess brandy would have to do.

Joined Aug 11, 2000
Neither.....washington university in St. Louis.....but there are others around the country doing it....

Latest posts

Top Bottom