mimicking white chocolate flavor?

Joined Oct 16, 2018
Hello,

apologies if this isn't the appropriate section for this.

I am trying to explore alternative ingredients that potentially mimic the flavor of white chocolate.

the actual intended use is for a mead.

however, most of us mead makers avoid using fats because of the high probability of spoilage, so using real cocoa butter and dairy is out.

so I was wondering if there are any ingredients out there that mimic the flavor of white chocolate, and would be stable in a wine? (I am not interested in using commercial artificial flavorings).

Joined Oct 31, 2012
What if you made the mead/wine, then once you have the alcohol level, add pure cocoa butter to it.
I understand white chocolate to be cocoa butter, sugar and flavoring, usually vanilla so if you can't use cocoa butter I don't see how you would mimic the flavor.
There's. a Maple whiskey/liquor from Vermont and I'm pretty sure they distill the whiskey then add back some maple syrup for added flavor and mouth feel. I can only testify that it is quite delicious.

Joined Oct 16, 2018
What if you made the mead/wine, then once you have the alcohol level, add pure cocoa butter to it.
I understand white chocolate to be cocoa butter, sugar and flavoring, usually vanilla so if you can't use cocoa butter I don't see how you would mimic the flavor.
There's. a Maple whiskey/liquor from Vermont and I'm pretty sure they distill the whiskey then add back some maple syrup for added flavor and mouth feel. I can only testify that it is quite delicious.

the fear is the fats going rancid. It'll inevitably just solidify and float to the top.

However, I was just momentarily ago reading about a mixology technique called "fat washing" that I am thinking I will have to try on a small test batch: heat the fat to liquid form, then thoroughly mix with your alcohol of choice and allow to sit for 24 hours, the chill to re-solidify the fat again, and separate the alcohol off - the alcohol is good at stripping both water and oil soluble organic compounds from fat.

my go-to cocktail is a Maple Bourbon Old Fashioned or Maple Bourbon sour! - just swap the simple syrup for maple syrup, and

Joined Feb 18, 2007
You might want to explore Amoretti products - they have a line of natural flavorings as well as water soluble extracts meant for beverages. They have always been great about answering questions so it's worth a call or email contact to ask if they have anything that fits your needs.

Joined Aug 13, 2019
Hello,

apologies if this isn't the appropriate section for this.

I am trying to explore alternative ingredients that potentially mimic the flavor of white chocolate.

the actual intended use is for a mead.

however, most of us mead makers avoid using fats because of the high probability of spoilage, so using real cocoa butter and dairy is out.

so I was wondering if there are any ingredients out there that mimic the flavor of white chocolate, and would be stable in a wine? (I am not interested in using commercial artificial flavorings).
CREME DE CACAO WHITE

Top Bottom