Might be taking on some new responsibilities...

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by prairiechef, Jan 18, 2011.

1. prairiechef

prairiechef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    May be making a shift here, soon. Maybe... to that position that starts with "F&B" and ends with "Director".

Now... I have all the spreadsheets, standard sheets, monthly revenue/expense tracking sheets that I have created over the years. But, that said... anyone have suggestions for good software designed for F&B Operations?

Any input is appreciated. I'm looking for hands-on experience and opinions, please.

2. trooper

trooper

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Does your POS have reporting capability? Some of them can tally menu components and high/low order triggers you can reconcile against actual inventory. If you source through a single distributor/vendor, instead of multiple accounts, some of them have site-software to make tracking, forcasting and logistics a little easier.

Small house, no "advanced" systems, multiple vendors? There are lost of free MS-Access databases you could taylor/adapt.

Commerical software exists, is expensive and needs to be setup/training done to get full use.

Now that you're FBM, you're also on the hook to track loss and identify shrink. God Speed.  :D

3. prairiechef

prairiechef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    "you're also on the hook to track loss and identify shrink. God Speed.

"I love it.

4. oldfoodguy

oldfoodguy

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Prairie,

Hard to tell what you are getting into from your post. How big a place? Food you have been doing, how much beverage do they sell? Who reports to you? Will you be able to hire the for the spot you are vacating (or is this 'promotion' just a chance to do two jobs for one salary)?