Michelle, Thank you Sooooo Much

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Thank you... It was such a pleasure, and I'm glad you liked it. I hope your mother had a great time. I'm sure everyone ate well; that menu looked sensational! :)

Joined Nov 5, 2000
Oh man.........sounds wonderful..did anyone take pictures? Would love to see it (ok..and since I'm on Weight Watchers fantasize about it too).. :) :) :)

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Yes, I did take a digital, but I don't think it's possible to post it here. (I think Nicko is the only one who can do that!)

Joined Aug 29, 2000
I've seen pictures of several of Momoreg's cakes, and am dying to see this one. They were absolutely exquisite! Michelle, did you use pastillage to make the flowers? Cape Chef, tell us abou the menu for the rest of the meal!!!

Joined Jul 31, 2000
I just had to share with my cheftalk friends.

I prepared a special suprise party for my moms 75th birthday yesturday,and our own Momoreg prepared the cake and petit fours...

Well let me tell you that it was one of the most amazing cakes I or anyone else at the party had ever seen or tasted. It was a three layer chocolate sheet cake filled with wonderful chocolate mousse and then finished with a pearl white butter cream,basket weave around the sides and then a small "wild flower garden" placed ontop of a smaller cake set off to one side of the sheet cake. There had to be over 100 hand made edible flowers,all standing on wrapped green wire and it looked just like a minature flower garden.I can't believe the talent momoreg has,It was truely a great cake,and ofcourse the perfect bite size petit fours were so good.Thank you again Michele,and if anyone ever needs a special cake and are close by you must talk to michelle.

cc

Joined Oct 5, 2001
Dear Friends:

I have also seen photographs of Momoreg's cakes and they are true works of art!

After seeing a picture of a wedding cake that Momoreg created, I got this crazy idea about asking my wife to marry me again so that I can ask Momoreg to do our cake!

:)

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Hi Mezz,

This is what I prepared.
Hor de ouvres
Grilled North carolina shrimp sate with mango macadamia dip.

Maine peekitoe crab with papaya and cilantro tartlets.

Warm Vermont chevre,Tarragon and oven-dried crostini.

scottish smoked salmon and herb cheese pinwheels with osetra caviar

Grilled white and green asparagus with procuitto de parma

Entrees

Roast lion of Wisconsin Veal stuffed with Foie gras,Grilled artichokes and cipollini onions and maine lobster,Shaved with fresh italian summer truffles and demi glace.

Roast rack of colorado lamb with a grain mustard herb crust and served with a roast garlic rosemary jus.

Crispy Sonoma duck breast rolled in butter lettuce and dipped in a Lemon grass-ginger-green tea broth.

Toy box of Heirloom tomatoes served with twelve year old balsamic vinegar and Papas olive oil.

Lemon thyme roasted ozzetts,banana,peruvian and french fingerling potatoes.

Six variaties of baby carrots warm with brown butter,tiger patty pans,and stuffed zucc blossems.

cc

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Man, I can't believe that menu. That must've been an outstanding party!!

The one that we couldn't get over was the veal with foie gras, artichokes, cippolinis, and lobster. What a wild combo...but I'll bet it turned out great!

Thanks Papa, you made me blush...

Let me know if you decide to marry your wife again! :D

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Yikes, Cape Chef! You really know how to throw a party. What a lucky mom to have a son like you!!

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Momoreg,
Actually Veal and Lobster go great together,As do Lobster and artichokes. So I put a spin on the whole concept and married all the componets together.Ofcourse the fresh truffles were just the "icing" on the cake. I will make that dish for you and Jordan when we get together.

Also,thanks Mezz and Kimmie for your kind words!! I am indeed lucky to have a Mom as great as mine :)
cc

Joined Dec 8, 1999
Hmmm, my Mother and Step-Father's twentieth is coming up in February. I think I know who I'll use for a menu consultant. Just wish I was close to momo or mb for a dessert!

Top Bottom