Memorial Day Weekend

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by cerise, May 24, 2015.

1. cerise

cerise Banned

Exp:
    Other
    What's on the Menu?  What are you cooking up?  Any favorite dishes? Are you BBQing? Any tips and tricks?

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  2. jake t buds

jake t buds

Exp:
    Other
    Nothing set for tomorrow. Any ideas?

I've learned you can freeze coconut milk. I now have white pucks in ziplock baggies in the freezer. I'll add it to the frozen ginger I just learned you could freeze (thanks Kouk)

How about you?

3. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I may do a fowl dish or two for the challenge, that's about it.

mjb.

4. cerise

cerise Banned

Exp:
    Other
    It's been overcast/cloudy.   Waiting for the sun.  May pick up a tri-tip and serve w/ chimichurri and a big salad, or look for a new sofa at Living Spaces (where ugly furniture should go to die.  lol).

5. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    The thread on grilling corn changed my mind, doing some spare ribs and sweet corn for dinner tonight.

Something involving turkey tomorrow night for the challenge, most likely.

mjb.

6. cerise

cerise Banned

Exp:
    Other
    You talked me into it. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/peace.gif I have corn.  lol.  White was 25 cents each, and yellow 75 cents each.  It should pair well with the chimichurri (and tri-tip). 

7. maryb

maryb

Exp:
    Semi pro/retired now
    Tossed some chicken leg quarters on the smoker alongside a pot of baked beans(from a can, sorry!). Some potato salad I made 2 days ago that I needed to finish off and that was supper. Some rhubarb sauce later tonight when I have room.

8. chicagoterry

chicagoterry

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Went to a pot luck BBQ some friends have been hosting on the Sunday before Memorial Day for many years. They know many excellent home cooks and bakers. There was an abundance of food and not a bite left by the end of the evening. The same can be said of the alcohol.

I brought cochinita pibil (Mexican pulled pork) and its traditional garnish of pickled red onions to make tacos.