- Joined Jul 3, 2008
I am not versed AT ALL in the art of baking so no wonder it got all mucked up - litterally. Trying to melt semi-sweet chocolate to dunk some oreo cookie truffles in for an 18 year old to bring for a bake sale. Seems it's not enough chocolate so the only other thing I had in the house was a bag of Ghirardelli chocolate and I poured it too in the pot. By the way, the pot is over simmering hot h2o. It doesn't seem to be thinning as I would like it to dunk and coat the balls and I mentioned "hmm, I wonder if I put milk in, would it thin it out?" Left the room for no more than 1 minute and she had poured milk in. Cold. I stirred it in and it just stiffened up to a point of not being able to stir it. So there it sits. I would like to know if it can be saved? How so ? and is it worth saving? It wont kill me to give it the toss but why not try to salvage the chocolate. What to do?