Melanzanne Griglia Alla Ricotta

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by cheftalk.com, Feb 17, 2010.

1. cheftalk.com

cheftalk.com

Exp:
    Other
    2 each large eggplant
    (sliced lengthwise into 6 thin slices)
    2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
    salt and pepper to taste
    16 oz. fresh ricotta
    2 tablespoon curly parsley -(chopped)
    2 tablespoon Fresh Basil -(chopped)
    6 oz. fresh tomato sauce
    As needed: grated Paremsan cheese
    fresh parsley (chopped for garnish)
    &nbsp

&nbsp
    1. Brush eggplant slices with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill on both sides until tender. Allow to cool.
    2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, blend ricotta, parsley, basil, remaining olive oil and salt and pepper to taste mix well.
    3. Place one scoop of cheese mixture at the wider end of eggplant strip and roll lengthwise. Repeat until all strips are filled.
    4. To serve, place two rolled strips, seam side down, on a warmed plate. Top with warmed tomato sauce: garnish with Parmes and and parsley.

2. siduri

siduri

Exp:
    At home cook
    Melanzane alla griglia alla ricotta - or melanzane grigliate alla ricotta or melanzane alla griglia con ricotta (sorry - i don;t mean to be pedantic, but i imagine it's helpful to have the right spelling- we can't know how to spell all languages, so it's useful to have "editors" who can spell the various languages).

3. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Good good, I have a mind to make this although....  instead I will use flat leaf parsley, I will put some grated parmesan in the ricotta mixture, and I will bake the eggplant once it is stuffed perhaps with tomato sauce.  All in all an excellent idea.