Chef Forum banner

meatballs

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  bluesed 
#1 ·
Hi,
I have 16 people coming over Saturday. I am making 75 meatballs in sauce and baked ziti.I was wondering what size should I make them? I don't like big meatballs. I was going to make them about the size of a golfball. Do you think it would look like I'm being cheap if they are that small?

Thank you!

#2 ·
For pasta 2 ounce (size of Golfball)is plenty 75 meatballs x 2ounces =150 ounces is to much for 16 people so be ready to freeze some. let them finish cooking in the sauce so they get flavor and give flavor also they stay nice and moist. 3 meatballs each will suffice thats a 6 0z. portion not counting pasta and bread and salad. So you need 48 meatballs or 96 ounces for 16 guest

#3 ·
First off, there's nothing small about golfball sized meatballs. I don't understand where you got the idea they were.

75 is an awful lot for that crowd. You're talking more than 4 1/2 meatballs per person, along with the baked zita and whatever else you intend serving. As Ed notes, 3 per would be more than sufficient.

I reckon, if you stick to your origninal plan, the reaction won't be that you're cheap. It'll be, "why did he put out all that food?"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.