Meat Grinder for home use

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by rogernelson, Apr 23, 2018.

1. rogernelson

rogernelson

Exp:
    1 year
    Hello folks,
    i am looking for a good meat grinder for home use.Everyday i would make 8-10 sausage and 5-8 kebab.i need stainless,daily usable and a long lasting meat grinder.I need 1000 Watt Motor.What is better budgets for the meat grinder and which one is best.any recommendation?

2. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    iceman and rogernelson like this.
  3. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    The Kitchen aid mixer has attachments for grinding meat and stuffing sausage. I would highly recommend it it never fails me. If your using it daily the mixer could also be useful if you need to emulsify any of the ground meat to make sausage. The picture of the white attachments are the ones I have but there are stainless available.

Attached Files:

iceman and rogernelson like this.
  4. butzy

butzy

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I use a LEM big bite #8.
    It's a bit big for my use, but I live in a hot climate and want to grind as quick as possible (to prevent fat smearing).
    It works a dream and is all stainless steel

5. chefross

chefross

Exp:
    Former Chef

Hey Chef.....I'm surprised your Kitchen aid mixer grinder attachments have lasted so long. Mine broke through use a long time ago.

rogernelson likes this.
  6. rogernelson

rogernelson

Exp:
    1 year
    Thank you Nicko for your recommendation.I wanna know why you recommended kitchenaid for home use?What is pros and cons about it?Please share your experience.Thank you.

7. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Yes, for almost daily use check out grinders like the LEM Big Bite as mentioned, plan on dropping 3 - 5 hundred for one with lots of features and grinding plates. For occasional use the Kitchen Aide attachment can get you by. I have one, but use upgraded aftermarket knives and plates. And I have a pretty stout lift the bowl mixer, not one of the lighter duty tilt head style. By the way I did strip the bevel gears in the mixer while grinding once. Parts are about $20, replacement took maybe half an hour or so. They are designed to do that before the motor burns out. A replacement motor costs WAY more than a set of bevel gears.

mjb.

rogernelson likes this.
  8. rogernelson

rogernelson

Exp:
    1 year
    Is the body of this food grinder made of stainless steel and not aluminum cast die? where is this product made?Can You please confirm material of grinder body. Thanks in advance.

9. butzy

butzy

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
  10. rogernelson

rogernelson

Exp:
    1 year
    Sorry i didn't mentioned.i was asking about Kitchenaid meat grinder.i saw your LEM meat grinders review.Now i am become confuse to best one between kitchen aid meat grinder and LEM Meat grinder.Please suggest me the best one for daily home use.Thank you.

11. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    If you already have a good Kitchenaid then try the grinder attachment, even if it is plastic. If you don't have one you are better off spending $$$ on a dedicated grinder rather than a mixer with grinder attachments.

mjb.

12. butzy

butzy

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    That's a difficult one!
    And you are the only one that can make that decission.
    It depends if you would use the kitchen aid for other things as well. I don't, so for me it was an easy choice.
    The kitchen aid has many more uses. A dedicated grinder is for grinding only, but it does that very well.
    I have the grinder standing on my kitchen table (only the engine part) and the bowl and grinding part in the cupboard, so it doesn't take up that much space (except that I need a transformer as well. The LEM is 110 Volt, we have 230 Volt).
    Good luck making your decission