Meal for a business meeting

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by koukouvagia, May 7, 2012.

1. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I'm having a small business meeting at my home with 2 other colleagues in the evening and would like to serve an easy-to-eat while we work meal.  I'm stuck on ideas.  Would a casserole work?  One of the crowd does not eat pork.

2. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Miss KK, how about veggie lasagna rolls, nice bread and a salad? Maybe a zabaglione with some fresh berries and then brûlée the tops for dessert ...

3. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    lasagna rolls sounds good, maybe a bit too much prep work though. 

4. rbandu

rbandu

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I'd say a sandwich platter or something equivalent, maybe a side dish like a salad (not just a garden salad, maybe something like a potato salad, pasta salad etc).  That way everyone can take what they want and avoid things they don't like or can't eat.  If I was at the meeting, I'd be happy with fresh bread and cheeses with some fruit, but then again I could live solely on bread and cheese.  Or are you leaning more towards something hot?

5. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Thanks for the suggestion, we went with a build-your-own-sandwich theme at our last meeting and it worked but being a foodie I didn't want to serve the same thing.  So this time I made souvlaki, tzatziki, pita bread, some salad and a bit of couscous.  It worked out well and was very easy to put together.