Mastering Italian Cuisine

Discussion in 'General Culinary School Discussions' started by anewdawnchef, Jun 3, 2011.

1. anewdawnchef

anewdawnchef

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Has anyone attended the "Evolution of Italian Cuisine" 2-week course at the Italian Institute of Advanced Culinary and Pastry Arts?  If so, what did you think?  I haven't been able to find any reviews of the school or course.  Anyone done the World Endeavors culinary internship in Florence?  Is it worth the $4500; it doesn't seem to include much?  Does anyone have any recommendations of where to study or stage in Italy to significantly advance my mastery of Italian cuisine in a short time period (~ 3 months)?  I have been working as a personal chef and recreational cooking instructor for the last 5 years.

2. rgm2

rgm2

Exp:
    Line Cook
    It is really hard for someone that does not know what your skill level is to give you advise on this. I would imagine that if you called a concierge at a nice hotel in a major city and asked if they could recommend a few places that serve amazing Italian food you might get an idea where to start.

3. thetincook

thetincook

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Doesn't sound like a good use of 4.5k. Probably better to use that money to support yourself during stages.