MasterCook?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by lumpia, Oct 4, 2002.

1. lumpia

lumpia

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find a really good version of the software called "MasterCook"? I know, I know, this topic has been discussed a good number of times already :eek:, but my reason for posting this as a new thread is because I looked for it on Amazon.com and they had it in the auction section. I want to buy the program used at a set price, not bidding back and forth between different people. Having read some of the posts about this program, I am a bit sad to see that the original manufacturer of this program is no longer selling it. I was just about to order a good copy for myself. Does anyone know if this program will be up and running again by some good company that I can order it from? Thanks in advance for any feedback! I'm hoping to sharpen my culinary skills with the program!:bounce:

2. lumpia

lumpia

You know, I really am beginning to wish that this program was not discontinued and find myself constantly wondering why it was discontinued. Every time I come up with searches on Amazon, they list the program called "MasterCook Cooking Light 6.0" . Is this program just as good and profitable as the original software version of MasterCook? I even sent an e-mail to Sierra asking if their MasterCook program would ever be put back into circulation again. I'd really like to have some experiments with it.:D

3. marmalady

marmalady

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    I have 'Accuchef', and like the setup quite a bit, although I do have to say I haven't used it much yet. I had a huge project which I've almost completed of having to copy and rewrite all my recipes from a little word processor program into Word.

Here's the site:

http://www.accuchef.com

4. svadhisthana

svadhisthana

5. lumpia

lumpia

Thank you, friends; the other day I placed my order for the MasterCook version that Svadhisthana posted. I am hoping that it turns out very useful! You can go see my post about that here ; I posted the URL of the company I found MasterCook on, hoping that others who are also looking for this software might find it helpful. I'll let you know when I get my order; I can't wait to see it!:bounce:

6. lwunderlich

lwunderlich

I've had a MasterCook program since 3.0. I now have a 5.+. I use it nearly every day. I particularly like it because it automatically changes portions. I cook at home for two. reduce the number of servings to 2 and it changes all of the amounts of the ingredients.

I use the shopping list as well.

I e-mail recipes to myself. The program has an import feature and if you follow its rules it will put the recipe into the program. It has the feature of completing words for you--t becomes tablespoon and te becomes teaspoon. It doesn't take long to make entries.

You're going to love it.

If you search Sierra, you will find a couple of sites that will have lots of recipes that one can download. Also, there are downloads of patches for MC 5 and 6.

Rue

7. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I recently received The Living Cookbook, version 1.2. I like it a lot. It's a lot like MicroCookbook, which was too outdated for my new computer. You can take a look at it at livingcookbook.com. You can download it or order it on a CD. I'd recommend the CD, so it's easier to move it to a new computer if you change machines.