Master Pastry Chefs

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by culinarian247, Jun 7, 2002.

1. culinarian247

culinarian247

How would I get a list (if such thing exists) of European Master Pastry Chefs? In France it's called MOF (Meilleur Ouvrier de France).

2. w.debord

w.debord

Well all I have is a tiny lead....not much. But I recall reading in the back of one of my French cookbooks one of the authors listed them (although it's probably not totally current). They were proud to be awarded this honor and listed the other great chefs that were also MOF.

It was in one of these books: The roux bro., Michel Roux's finest desserts, Herme's book, Bellouets book or Thuries book.

I'll go look....

3. kimmie

kimmie

You will probably find such a list by doing a search on www.google.fr and by typing "meilleur ouvrier" > pastry chefs in the search box.

Good luck! :)

4. isa

isa

What exactly are you looking for Culinarian? A list of past winner or something else?

5. culinarian247

culinarian247

I was looking to see a list with mybaking instructor's name on it. On his coat it says he's a master pastry chef. I also know he was born in Germany and did all of his education there. It isn't a big deal or anything. I was just looking around.

6. kimmie

kimmie

You might want to try a search on www.google/fr with his name, chef so and so > meilleur ouvrier

7. sixty6

sixty6

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    MOFs are chefs who have French citizenship only, so unless your German chef prof has lived in France and gotten his citizenship there he wouldn't be able to compete. But if you find a comprehensive list you should post it, I have never been able to find one not even on the MOF website.