manual meat grinder and sausage stuffers?

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by zdawgnight, Aug 28, 2012.

1. kokopuffs

kokopuffs

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I got a LEM and the handle did not fit on the spindle and returned it immediately for refund.  My Chop Rite is machined at the mating surfaces as opposed to LEM which is simply poured into some mold.  Using food grade silicone lubricant to spray all of the grinder parts after washing and drying is what's recommended.  Sorry but I'll take carbon with it's minor cleaning issues over stainless anyday - when it comes to cutting and chopping.

2. duckfat

duckfat

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Irrespective of carbon or SS  you will want to spray your plates and blade after use with silicone or they can rust. Carbon just rusts MUCH faster and usually wears faster. I can't say enough good things about the LEM #12 I picked up. The auger is machined very well and the thing is built like a tank. I can't imagine going back to a small hand grinder or KA with all the schmearing. The Westons look mighty nice as well but they cost a good bit more $$$. LEM carries both carbon and SS plates and blades so as long as you have a standard size you can always swap out a SS set.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  3. The_Alpha_Dog2017

The_Alpha_Dog2017

Exp:
    ?
    My biggest suggestion here would be to not go cheap. Nothing is worst than getting everything ready to cook a meal and then have your budget meat grinder quit on you halfway through grinding the meat.

The Upland Hunter has some pretty good reviews of meat grinders here: https://theuplandhunter.com/best-meat-grinder-reviews/

Hope this helps!